Museum of Science and Industry free select weekdays in February
Just as they did in January the Museum of Science and Industry is offering free admission on select weekdays in February.
When: January 7–10, 14–17, 21–24, 28–31, February 4–7, 11–14, 19–21, 25–28, 2019
Where: Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago; 5700 S. Lake Shore Drive, 773-684-1414
On Illinois Free Days, Museum Entry is free for all Illinois residents who show valid proof of residency.
No further Chicago residency discounts apply on Illinois Free Days. Limited to six children (under 18) admitted per one accompanying adult. (See chaperone ratios and policies for School-led Field Trips and Groups of 15+.) Giant Dome Theater films, Coal Mine and optional U-505 onboard tours, and certain temporary exhibits are not included in Museum Entry, and require separate admission. (See Ticket Prices on Illinois Free Days and Parking.)
Here’s a post about the MSI.
If cabin fever is setting in take advantage of this offer for fun at MSI with the whole family. Here are some of the top things to do at MSI with your kids during this special deal (Additional experiences, including the Omnimax® films, U-505 Submarine on-board tour, Coal Mine, special tours and more are not included in Museum Entry. They require additional, timed-entry tickets):
- Take a tour of the historic Pioneer Zephyr train, and meet Zeph, the train’s resident donkey.
- Send a secret message to a friend in the Whispering Gallery.
- Climb aboard the Empire 999 steam engine, which broke the land speed record in 1893.
- Peek in the rooms of Colleen Moore’s Fairy Castle, one of the most amazing doll houses ever created, filled with tiny treasures. R
- Release a hot air balloon and make your own rainbows in Science Storms.
- Add on a film in our Omnimax® Theater
MSI also offers indoor garage parking to escape the cold.You can also take the #10 bus from downtown during the summer only.