Free museum: The Block Museum in Evanston
Where: Mary and Leigh Block Museum of Art, Northwestern University, 40 Arts Circle Drive, Evanston, IL 847-491-4000. Admission: free
Regular Hours Tues., Sat., Sun. 10AM-5PM, Weds., Thurs., Fri. 10AM-8PM, Closed Mondays. This museum closes between exhibits so always call first and check the website.
The Block Museum of Art is currently offering one outdoor exhibition and one exhibition open to the public by appointment (scroll down).
- Behold, Be Held
- A Bruising Gaze on a Faltering Landscape: 2021 Art Theory and Practice MFA Thesis Exhibition
- Who Says, Who Shows, What Counts: Thinking about History with The Block’s Collection
- Sky Hopinka: Cloudless Blue Egress of Summer
- A Site of Struggle: American Art Against Anti-Black Violence
- Taking Shape: Abstraction from the Arab World, 1950s–1980s
- Dario Robleto: The Aorta of an Archivist
The Block Museum has 5,600 square feet of display space, divided into three galleries, which provide opportunities for museum visitors to experience the varied exhibitions that spring from the Block’s commitment to presenting art across time, place, and medium. The museum’s atrium and reception areas are spaces for students to socialize and study, as well as to come together with the wider public for a range of programs, performances, and other events.
Free museum: The Block Museum in Evanston- Related
Free Museum: The Oriental Institute of the University of Chicago
Free Museum: The Renaissance Society of the University of Chicago
Free museum: Loyola University Museum of Art
Free museum: DePaul Art Museum