Free Small Business Expo. If you’re thinking about starting a business (everyone should have a side hustle as a way to help build wealth ) consider attending this free expo for great info on how to get started.
When: Thursday, June 27, 2019 from 5:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Where: 1871, 222 Merchandise Mart, 12th Floor Register here. The expos are free and open to the public.
- Keynote Speaker
- FREE assistance from business consultants to begin the licensing process
- Resources on Procurement, Financial, Insurance, Consumer information
- Financial Advisers on hand to answer questions
- Perfect your Elevator Pitch
- Mini makeovers featuring Tricoci University
- Tech Lane! There will be technology industry exhibitors offering technology resources for your business. Ask abou tech solutions to streamline your business operations, tech marketing and advertising strategies and tech analytics to help reach and identify your clients.
- FREE Headshot from a professional photographer to be used for marketing/promotional materials
- FREE Tax Clinic: One-on-One counseling sessions provided by Ladder Up/Center for Economic Progress (CEP)
- FREE Law Clinic: Legal advice and support provided by The Community Law Project
- FREE Networking Hour: Connect and exchange ideas with like minded entrepreneurs provided by Chicago’s Office of the City Treasurer from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
- 3 Free Workshops (12:00 – 1:00 p.m.) including: Roadmap to Business Financing Presented by Fifth Third Bank
In order for businesses to start or grow, financing is often needed. Attend this workshop and you will obtain the pathway to financial success including traditional and non traditional credit sources and how to best prepare for when your company needs capital most.
2019 Expo Schedule:
Saturday, September 7th from 10:00 – 2:00 p.m. at Truman College (McKeon Lobby 1145 W. Wilson Ave.)
Saturday, November 2nd from 10:00 – 2:00 p.m. at Malcolm X College (1900 W. Jackson Blvd)