Please note: All sites operate on a first come, first served basis. Many sites will stop taking new clients well before the official closing time, so please arrive early.

Personal Identification

  • Social Security card (or ITIN card/letter) for yourself and all individuals that appear on your tax return
  • Photo identification for yourself and your spouse (if you are filing a joint return)
  • Birthdates for all individuals that appear on your tax return

Bank Account Information (if you use a bank account)

  • Account number for your checking or savings account
  • Routing number for your bank or credit union
    Note: If you have a checkbook or a voided check, that information is sufficient for direct deposit of your tax refund (if you are eligible for a refund)

Income & Expense Documents

All income statements received for 2016


  • Form W-2
  • Form 1099-G
  • Form 1099-R
  • Unemployment statement
  • Social Security benefits statement
  • Bank statement showing interest earned
  • Form 1099-MISC*
    NOTE: If you are still waiting on missing income documents, please do not come to a Tax Assistance Program site until you have received all of your documents. You may need to contact your employer if you have not received your W-2 form by the end of January.

Expense information


  • Mortgage interest statement (Form 1098)
  • Second (or final) bill for property taxes paid last year
  • Form 1098-T for college tuition expenses (or other documentation showing your expenses related to college if your college does not issue Form 1098-T)
  • Job-related expenses (if you are a sole proprietor or self-employed)*
    *Note: If you are a sole proprietor or self-employed, Ladder Up will only be able to prepare your return at specific site locations.
  • Child care expenses (Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number of the caretaker is required)
  • Your tax return from last year (if available)
Health insurance information


  • Proof of health insurance coverage (i.e. Form 1095-A, Form 1095-B, or Form 1095-C) OR
  • Certificate of Exemption