Free Navy Pier Centennial Wheel Rides. Celebrate National Ferris Wheel Day at Navy Pier with a free spin on the the wheel. I did this last month and it was really awesome. The ride lasts fifteen minutes and the views are spectacular. The cabs are enclosed and heated – I’m not crazy – so it’s well worth it to head over and ride – plus save $16. I went at 11AM and there were no lines.
Where: Navy Pier, 600 E. Grand Free trolley
When: January 17, 2018 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Navy Pier Chicago invites you to participate in #WheelWednesday.
Navy Pier is offering guests free rides on the Centennial Wheel as part of their initiative to make the attraction available and accessible to all. These are snapped up quickly. Limit 2 tickets per sign up. If you have more than one Eventbrite account you can get additional tickets. Wheel Rides are regularly $16 adults and $13 children. The wheel gondolas are enclosed but you may have to wait in line outside to board. Register
- You must RSVP online in advance and present your free reservation ticket at the Pier Park Box Office. A limited amount of free tickets are available to guests on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Additional tickets are available for purchase online and at the Pier Park box office.
- Ticket valid on Wednesday, February 14, 2018, only, during normal operating hours.
- The Centennial Wheel operates rain or shine. In the event of extreme weather conditions, the Centennial Wheel may close temporarily for the safety of our guests and our Pier Park staff.
- In the event of severely inclement weather conditions, check Twitter for operational updates. Navy Pier reserves the right to refuse entry for any reason. If the wheel is a rockin, don’t come a knockin!