Free Navy Pier Centennial Wheel Rides. Celebrate National Ferris Wheel Day at Navy Pier with a free spin on the the wheel. I did this in January 2018 and it was really awesome. The ride lasts fifteen minutes and the views are spectacular. The cabs are enclosed and heated – I’m not crazy – so it’s well worth it to head over and ride – plus save $16. I went at 11AM and there were no lines.
Where: Navy Pier, 600 E. Grand Free trolley
When: February 14, 2019 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Navy Pier is offering guests 2,014 free rides on the Centennial Wheel. These are snapped up quickly. Limit 2 tickets per sign up. If you have more than one Eventbrite account you can get additional tickets. Wheel Rides are regularly $16 adults and $13 children. The wheel gondolas are enclosed but you may have to wait in line outside to board. Register
- Tickets for this event are limited. Must present valid Eventbrite ticket at the Pier Park Box Office to ride for free.
- Limit one free ride ticket per person. Additional tickets are available for purchase at the Pier Park box office.
- Ticket valid on Thursday, February 14, 2019, only, during normal operating hours.
- The Centennial Wheel operates rain or shine.
- In the event of extreme weather conditions, the Centennial Wheel may close temporarily for the safety of our guests and our Pier Park staff.
- In the event of severely inclement weather conditions, please call 312-595-PIER (7437) for operational updates. Navy Pier reserves the right to refuse entry for any reason.