Jewel Mymixx is now Just for U. Jewel has revamped their rewards program. The offer clipping feature of MyMixx remains and they’ve added a Just for U feature where you can clip offers specifically for you. There is also a new Rewards earning scheme. You can use your Rewards towards free Groceries or gas. Sign up for an account here.
If you shop at Jewel regularly and spend at least $100 per month (before taxes and less exclusions listed below) you may be able to earn Rewards. You should still look through their “Deals” weekly. The best route to quickly earn rewards is with special offers awarding multiple points per dollar spent such as my gift card example below. I will post those offers when I see them. And always use a credit card that offers bonus points for grocery purchases.
If you enjoyed this post keep up with the latest news on deals, discounts and free events in Chicago, sign up for the daily Chicago on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Instagram, and Facebook.
Everyone is eligible for “Deals”.
COTC tip: Click on “Deals” in app. Then go to the top search bar and type in “Free”. All the free and BOGO, B2GO free, etc. offers will come up. When you click on deals they will add to “My List”. When you go shopping you can use that list to get your deals.
Spend $100 or more per month to earn Rewards
You earn one point per dollar spent on food only (pre-tax, no booze, all exclusions below). Once you spend $100 you earn one (1) reward. You can then apply to an offer in your account.
Any points earned below 100 expire at the end of each month. So if you spend less than a $100 a month at Jewel you will earn no rewards.
Rewards earned and applied rewards expire at the end of the following month.
COTC tips: Sometimes the same free item appears under “Deals” which are available to everyone and under “Rewards” which are only available if you’ve earned a reward so check “Deals” first before redeeming rewards.
Best route to rewards – third-party gift cards
To test out the points and Rewards I bought a $100 Happy Gift Card. All third-party gift cards earn 2x points regularly.
My 8x points Happy gift card deal
1. I clipped all the 8x points Happy Gift card offers to my MyMixx account.
2. I purchased a $100 Happy Lady Gift Card. This gift card can be used at Panera, Bed Bath and Beyond and more.
COTC tip: You may be able to use a Happy gift card to purchase another gift card such as Panera. Or you may be able to use it at Bed Bath and Beyond where they sell vendors gift cards such as Nordstrom and more. YMMV.
3. I purchased the gift card with a credit card that offers bonus points at grocery stores.
4. I earned 8x points x $100 = 800 points = 8 rewards. The 8 rewards showed up in app almost immediately.
5. You cash in rewards in increments of 100 = $1 or more. The better value can be cashing in your rewards for food items. See examples of reward options in my account below.
6. Earned rewards expire at the end of the following month.
7. Once you clip a Reward to your account it will expire at the end of the following month.
8. Although it doesn’t say it on the Jewel website you probably cannot apply the $$ off grocery purchase to anything you do not earn points on plus gift cards.
9. You can also redeem 2 rewards for up $.20 cents per gallon discount. Value max. $4-$5.
COTC tip: You earn 2x rewards points on third party gift cards including Amazon so if you buy a $50 Amazon gift card you receive $1 in rewards. Then load the gift card into your Amazon account.
Reward examples. These rewards were available in my account.
Spend $100 get 1 reward = $1 off a grocery purchase or 12-30 ct Jewel large eggs or one Hass avocado or three Lucerne Yogurts.
Spend $200 get 2 rewards = $2 off a grocery purchase or one pound of Lucerne butter or $3 off produce purchase.
Spend $300 get 3 rewards = $4 off a grocery purchase or 5-lb bag of potatoes
Spend $400 get 4 rewards = $5 off a grocery purchase or $7 off a purchase in the meat department
Spend $500 get 5 rewards = $7 off a grocery purchase
Eligible purchases exclude booze and the usual suspects
(1) beer, wine and tobacco (and spirits in certain states);
(2) fuel and automotive services;
(3) bus passes, commuter passes, fishing or hunting licenses, ski passes, postage stamps, lottery tickets, amusement park passes, and event tickets;
(4) any financial instrument that can be redeemed for goods or services at participating Albertsons Companies Banner stores – including (but not limited to) gift certificates, money orders, and gift or debit cards issued by American Express®, MasterCard®, Visa®, NetSpend®;
(5) mobile phone cards; (6) all fuel partner gift cards; and
(7) all fluid items in the refrigerated dairy section—including fluid dairy substitutes.
Gas rewards savings
Gas Reward savings in a single transaction are limited (i) to 25 gallons (20 gallons in Jewel-Osco) for one vehicle per transaction—subject to rounding for applicable in-store fuel transactions. 1 Reward = 10¢ OFF per/gal and you can redeem for up to $.20 off per gallon.
In order to use Gas Rewards, you must establish eligibility before pumping fuel. Gas Rewards will be available for use at participating fuel retailers approximately four hours after being earned. Gas Rewards may only be redeemed at . So 2 rewards earns you $.20 off per gallon x 20 to 25 gallons = $4-$5 savings. In the past to use gas rewards you entered the phone number registered to your MyMixx account.
I went to Jewel to use my $4 and $7 off in rewards. The person supervising the Self Checkout wasn’t sure if I could use them both in one purchase so I split my items into two purchases. The rewards do not come off until the sale (before taxes) reaches the reward amount then it came off automatically. The purchase total includes all sales tax and then the reward comes off. Overall if there are future gift card deals I will accrue rewards because this resulted in $11 in free groceries.