Maggie Daley Park Skating Ribbon open. The Skating Ribbon will close 2/28/2021.
Where: 337 E. Randolph St., (312) 742-3918.
The Maggie Daley Skating Ribbon is open. This year you have to make reservations to skate here. Prices range from $5 (bring your own skates) to $16 with skate rental. No refunds.
Please Read All the Rules and Regulations Prior to Registration
- Review registration time and dates. No Changes or Transfers are allowed. Make sure you have selected the correct Date, Session Time and Type (With Rental Skates or Without).
- No Refunds. All Sales are Final.
- No Transfer of dates or session times – double check the date and time that you have selected, before purchasing your rental reservation. Reservations are tickets to a specific date, time and reservation type.
- Session Cancellation – In the event that the session you have reserved is cancelled by Management (weather, emergency, safety issues) Maggie Daley Park will process refunds. All Refunds may take up to 5 Business Days to process.
Session cancellations are made the day of scheduled session. Cancellation may include the whole day or specific sessions. Participants should check Maggie Daley Park website, social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and may receive an email notification.
- There are COVID Mandates in Chicago, please check your status before registering- we are following City and State policies to ensure your health and safety- NO REFUNDS–NO TRANSFERS. Check to see if your state has travel restrictions or fall under Chicago Travel restrictions.
- Please Note: Session Capacity is limited. A select number of reservation types is available. If your reservation type is unavailable, please check back to see if spots open. Reservation slots will not be made available if one reservation type is sold out.
- NO Refunds
- NO Transfers
- There is no waitlist
Please take your time and read through the dates and times that you have selected for accuracy.
- Monday – Thursday: 2:00 pm, 4:15 pm and 6:30 pm
- Friday – Sunday & Holidays: 12:30 pm, 2:45 pm, 5:00 pm and 7:15 pm
- Zamboni times are dependent upon weather conditions and take 35-45 minutes
- Follow @MaggieDaleyPark on Twitter for Zamboni updates
- Skate sharpening is NOT available onsite
- Skate sizes available are child’s size 8 through men’s size 12, there are NO half sizes.
- Figure and hockey skates available.
- Figure skates run true to size, hockey skates run about 1 size bigger than your shoe size.
- Locker space is limited and unattended bags will be removed.
- Accessibility: A skate assist sled is available for use by skaters with physical disabilities and their companion skater.
- For information on hosting a private holiday or winter skating event, click here.
Skating Ribbon Rules & Regulations:
- Masks and reservations required to skate
- Skate carefully at all times
- Follow the instructions of the skate assistants
- Skate only in the direction currently being indicated by the skating assistants
- Speed of skating at all times must equal the flow of all other skaters
- Only people wearing skates are allowed on the ice surface
- No more than two (2) people may skate together
The following are not permitted on the ice:
- Skating when ice resurfacing is being completed
- Skating in a manner that endangers of interferes with the enjoyment experienced by other skaters
- Stopping or standing on the ice
- Horseplay, game playing, excessive speed, roughness or skating in a dangerous or potentially dangerous fashion
- Carrying children or secondary items on the ice; handbags, backpacks, cameras, cell phones, portable music players, etc.
- Jumps, spins, or skating backwards
- Speed skates (racer blade skates)
- Hockey playing
- Eating or drinking
- Throwing snowballs or other objects at any time
- Sitting on or leaning over the railing
SKATE AT YOUR OWN RISK