McCormick Tribune Ice Rink Skating with a Twist. Special theme nights with ice skating parties hosted by local Chicago DJs. Costumes encouraged.
Where: Millennium Park, McCormick Tribune Ice Rink, 55 N. Michigan
When: Most Thursdays 6PM-8PM
- January 17: Totally Tubular (80s pop and rock music)
- January 31: Soul Train (70s disco, funk and soul music) with DJ John Simmons
- February 7: Purple Passion (all Prince)
- February 21: Mambo Mania (40s & 50s latin music)
- March 7: It’s a Wrap-sody (all Queen)
Admission: free. Skate Rentals & Sharpening: Toddler 8 to Adult 13 available first come, first serve. $13 Monday–Thursday, $15 Friday-Sunday and Holidays (see below for list of dates), $9 Skate Sharpening, $1 Locker Rentals.
Hot chocolate and snacks are available at the Park Grill Cafe.
The McCormick Tribune Ice Rink will operate under the following hours:
- Mondays–Thursdays, noon–8pm
- Fridays, noon–10pm (ice skating lesson at 11am)
- Saturdays & Sundays, 10am–9pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
Holiday Hours (Holiday Skate Rental Pricing Applies on these dates):
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Monday, January 14, 10am–8pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
- Chicago Public School Improvement Day, Friday, February 1, 10am–10pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
- President’s Day, Monday, February 18,10am–8pm (ice skating lesson at 9am)
New in 2019
The ice rink will offer skating with a twist this season through Themed Skate Nights on most Thursdays, November 29–March 7, 6–8 p.m. Skaters are invited to put on a festive costume and join us for themed ice skating parties hosted by local Chicago DJs.
Ice Resurfacing lasts approximately 10-20 minutes, depending on conditions.