Where: The Vintage Garage Chicago, 5051 N. Broadway in Uptown.
When: On the third Sunday of every month from April-October 10am to 5pm. Open rain, shine or cold.
Admission is $5. Sometimes Goldstar has discount tickets for sale so check back.
Vintage for sale
The Garage offers a full variety of great vintage merchandise for sale every month. In addition to the regular items there’s a fun theme each month with additional theme related items for sale. Beginning in August they are offering free vintage appraisals, one item free with any paid admission and $5 for additional item.
April 23 – Season Opener! (NOTE – this is 4th Sunday due to Easter)
May 21 – Midcentury Modern
June 18 – Record Ramp & Father’s Day
July 16 – Rockabilly & Vintage Clothing
August 20 – Vintage Wedding (new)
September 17 – Retro Chicago
October 15 – Season Finale & Record Ramp
November– Holiday Market, maybe. Pending an indoor location.
Even if you are coming from the burbs, pay attention the info about the parking at Lawrence below and if you don’t have Lyft account have them pick you up at the lot and you get $10 off your first and second LYFT so basically free.
- The L: Take the Red Line to the Argyle stop, which is directly behind the Vintage Garage Chicago.
- The bus: Take the #36 Broadway bus to Argyle, which is just outside the Garage.
- Try out Lyft: New users who use the code: VINTAGE2016 will receive $20 in ride credit ($10 for each of their first two rides).
Easy access from the expressway or Lake Shore Drive. Early birds can usually find street parking, but it can become difficult in the afternoon. We offer you the following tips, but we can’t guarantee the information hasn’t changed or isn’t a rumor. Please double check before arriving.
- LAZ Parking lot on Winthrop about a block from the show – This will fill up fast after noon.
- LAZ Parking lot at 1128 W. Lawrence – This is five blocks from the show, but the Red Line station at Lawrence can drop you right at Argyle, as can the #36 N. Broadway bus. Vintage Garage has “heard” from two sources the lot is free on Sundays (but if it’s not you may have to pay a ticket, read the meter) and is also close to the corner of Broadway and Lawrence.
- LAZ Parking The Breakers at Edgewater Beach – Please check on this one first. We’ve heard no one knows about any parking there, but LAZ had it on their website.
- Check out Spot Hero. New users can enter promo code VINTAGECHI for an extra $5 off parking. That’s $5 off already discounted rates.
Where to dine:
Ba Le French Bakery & Restaurant, 5018 N Broadway St, (773) 561-4424
Lao Sze Chuan, 4832 North Broadway, (773) 293-4653
Tank Noodle, 4953-55 North Broadway, (773) 878-2253