Best prix fixe lunch deals Chicago. One of the best ways to save money dining out is to go out for lunch instead of dinner. Another way is to find a great prix fixe deal. I’ve also included places where lunch is much cheaper than dinner. The following deals are Monday-Friday only except where noted. Hours and availability change so always call first to confirm lunch/lunch special hours. Many prix-fixe portions are slightly scaled down but are still excellent value. Some portions are more than one meal. All information was verified at the time of this post. Unless stated otherwise all prices are estimates and don’t include beverage, tax and tip. Cheers!
- 312 Chicago, 136 N La Salle St, (312) 696-2420. Three courses $32. This was $27 so now it’s skirting the edge of pricey.
- Kramer’s Health Foods, 230 S Wabash Ave, (312) 922-0077. I’ve walked past this place a thousand times but had no idea that in addition to being a health food store there’s also a lunch place all the way in the back and up the stairs. Vegan and vegetarian lunch specials around $8.
- Lockwood Restaurant, 17 E Monroe St, (312) 917-3404. Two courses $24 with a glass of wine $33.
- McCormick & Schmick’s, One E. Wacker Dr., (312) 923-7226. Two course lunch $16. If you can wait try their Happy Hour
- Morton’s Steakhouse, 65 E. Wacker Place (312) 201-0410. Morton’s raised their prices. At three courses $35.50 you get enough food for two meals depending on what you order. The 9oz. ribeye is a great deal.
- Miss Ricky’s, Virgin Hotel, 203 N. Wabash, 312.940.4777. Quicky with Ricky prix-fixe $15.
- Tesori, 65 E Adams St, (312) 786-9911. Saturday 12-3pm & Sunday, 1–3pm $10 pizza & any beer. This is a great deal if you’re going tot the Art Institute on the weekend.
- Cheap eats Loop Chicago
- Cheap eats around State Street
- Allium, Four Seasons Hotel, 120 East Delaware Place, (312) 799-4900. Three courses $31.
- Eataly, 43 East Ohio Street, 312-521-8700. Soup-and-panino combination $14, 12-3 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Frontera Grill, 445 N. Clark, 312-661-1434, No prix fixe menu. Street Food Lunches $14-15. Daily lunch specials $14.50-19. Closed Mondays.
- Gene & Georgetti, 500 N. Franklin, (312) 527-3718. No prix-fixe. Salads $7.25-16.75, Entrées $15.25-24.50,
- GT Fish & Oyster, 531 N Wells St. (312) 929-3501. $25 prix fixe 2 courses.531 N Wells St, (312) 929-3501
- Naha, 500 North Clark Street, 312.321.6242. Last year it was Three courses $26. No lunch until Spring, 2017.
- Pierrot Gourmet, Peninsula Hotel, 108 E Superior St, (312) 573-6749. Soup and half a sandwich around $17.
- Pizzeria Via Stato, Embassy Suites Hotel, 620 N State St, (312) 642-8450. Three courses $10.95. Three courses substitute pizza $14.95.
- Quartino, 626 North State Street, 312-698-5000. Three course prix-fixe $25. I just order minestrone and spinach salad for $4 and $8.25 respectively (plus vino!). Soup and salad items $4-9.75 .
- Ramen-San, 59 W. Hubbard, 312-377-9950. Express Lunch one rice dish and one main plate $15. Dine-in only.
- RPM Steak, 66 W Kinzie St, (312) 284-4990. During LEYE Scratch off season over the summer I discovered that RPM Steak is relatively affordable at lunch. $18 for an amazing burger, salads $12-18. Who knew!
- Silver Spoon, 710 N. Rush, 312-944-7100. Two course lunch special $9.
- Slurping Turtle, 116 W Hubbard, (312) 464-0466. Noodle Lunch $14.
- Sunda, 110 W Illinois St, (312) 644-0500. Chef’s Luck 8’s lunch seasonal dishes $8.88
- Travelle, The Langham, 330 N Wabash Ave., (312) 923-7705. The Wabash Express $29 three course meal. Dinner entrées start at $29.
- Vermilion, 10 W. Hubbaard, 312-527-4060. Slow Food Fast 5 bases, 5 fillings, 5 accompaniments & 5 flavors $15.
- Cheap eats River North
- Fig & Olive, 104 E Oak St, (312) 445-0060. Three course prix-fixe for $25. If you have an Amex card Fig & Olive offers an Amex Offer “Spend $100 get $20 back” a couple times a year. Buy a gift card and then get lunch for 20% off.
- Frankie’s, 900 N. Michigan, 5th floor, (312) 266-2500. Lunch combos two items $10.95; Three items $12.95. $10 bottle of house red and white wine all day Monday and Tuesday. Also when you walk into the mall on the right side is the concierge desk. Tell them you heard they have a coupon book (I suppose you’re pretending you’re a tourist). The booklet offers 10% off.
- The Grill in the Alley, 909 North Michigan Avenue, 312-255-9009. Prime Lunch all options under $21. Try joining their Insider Program. In August, 2016 they were offering $25 to join. They also added $25 to my account for my birthday. You can’t use either rewards for booze, unfortunately.
- Sayat Nova, 157 E. Ohio St., 312-644-9159. The $10.95 daily lunch special has disappeared from the menu but most lunch entrées are $11.95. I don’t know how they keep their prices so low. They must own the building.
- Cheap eats North Michigan Avenue
- The Capital Grille, 633 North St. Clair Street, (312) 337-9400. Two course Plates special $20. The cheeseburger in the bar is $18.
- D4 Irish Pub & Cafe, 345 E. Ohio Street, (312) 624-8385. Pick Two salad and half sandwich $11.
- Gino’s East, 162 E. Superior St., 312-266-3337. Salad, individual pan pizza and soda $6.97. If there’s a line waiting for tables just enter and head to the right along the wall to order.
- Cheap eats Streeterville
- Filini, Radisson Blu, 221 N. Columbus, 312-477-0234. Three courses $22. Pizzas and flatbread are around $14.
- MingHin, 333 E. Benton, (312) 228-1333. Lunch specials under $10.
- The Palm, 303 E. Wacker Drive, 312-616-1000. Three course Power Lunch $26. Prime lunch on Mondays in February, 2017.
- Cheap eats LakeShore East
- Mercat a La Planxa, 638 S. Michigan Ave., (312) 765-0524. Mercat is closed for renovations until mid-March 2017. The Catalan Express was two courses and fountain drink $18.
- Cheap eats South Loop
- Blackbird, 619 West Randolph, 312-715-0708. Three courses $25.
- Sepia, 123 N Jefferson St, (312) 441-1920. Someone tipped me off to this. Sandwiches $15, entrée $17-21.
- Cheap eats West Loop
- 3 Arts Club Cafe, Restoration Hardware, 1300 N. Dearborn, (312) 475-9116. No prix-fixe menu. I include 3 Arts because the room is gorgeous. If you’re in the area check it out. Salads $13-15, Burger $17, Cheese plate $18.
- Cafe Des Architectes, 20 East Chestnut Street, (312) 324-4063. Three course Executive Express Lunch $24. You can also sit in Le Bar and order cheap eats like French onion soup ($10) and mixed green salad ($10).
- McCormick & Schmick’s, 41 E. Chestnut St., (312) 397-9500. Two course lunch $16. Power Lunch Box $14 and under.
- Nico Osteria, Thompson Hotel, 1015 N Rush St, (312) 994-7100. The three course lunch for $25 is gone but it’s still reasonably priced. Salads $12-22, burger $14, chicken parm $15.
- Cheap eats Gold Coast
- Kendall College The Dining Room, 900 N. North Branch Street,1.888.90.KENDALL. Three course prix fixe lunch $18. With a glass of wine $22. Open for lunch on select dates.