Free fireworks Wednesday nights at Navy Pier.
About the Navy Pier Fireworks
Navy Pier is the destination for spectacular FREE Chicago fireworks synchronized to blasting music on Lake Michigan. The twice weekly fireworks shows are all summer long from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
Be sure to check the schedule for additional shows added throughout the year. Schedule subject to change or cancellation.
Free fireworks Wednesday nights at Navy Pier – Schedule
Wednesday, July 27, 2022 9p.m. – 9:10p.m.
Wednesday, August 3, 2022 9p.m. – 9:10p.m.
Wednesday, August 10, 2022 9p.m. – 9:10p.m.
Wednesday, August 17, 2022 9p.m. – 9:10p.m.
Wednesday, August 24, 2022 9p.m. – 9:10p.m.
Wednesday, August 31, 2022 9p.m. – 9:10p.m.
Navy Pier Booze Rules
People who purchase an alcoholic beverage from a licensed vendor at Navy Pier are allowed to carry that drink throughout the Pier’s indoor and outdoor areas in specially marked, disposable cups provided by the vendor. No BYOB allowed anywhere on the Pier.
Where to watch along the lake
- Montrose Beach/Montrose Harbor 4400 N Lake Shore Dr, Montrose Avenue and Lake Shore Drive, (312) 742-5121. There’s the people beach, dog beach, park area, the pier and the harbor where you can camp out.
- Diversey Harbor, 2601 N. Cannon Dr., (312) 742-7762. Camp out in the grassy knolls along the Lakefront Trail.
- Theatre on the Lake, 2401 N. Lake Shore Drive at Fullerton, (312) 742-7994. Past the northern end of North Avenue Beach on the Lakefront Trail is the theater and it’s grounds. Adjacent is 5.8 acres of new park land built on landfill at Fullerton.
- Ohio Street Beach, 600 N Lake Shore Dr, Ohio Street and Lake Shore Drive,(312) 742-5121. This smaller beach faces north but is parallel to Navy Pier.
- Oak Street Beach, 1000 N Lake Shore Dr, Oak Street and Lake Shore Drive,(312) 742-5121. This beach is much larger than Ohio Street and you can also camp out in the grassy areas along the Lakefront Trail north of the beach.
- DuSable Harbor, 111 N. Lake Shore Drive, 312-742-3577. Set up along the grassy area adjacent to the Lakefront Trail.
- Monroe Harbor, Monroe Street east of Lake Shore Drive, 312-742-7643. Set up along the grassy area adjacent to the Lakefront Trail.
- Buckingham Fountain, 301 S. Columbus Dr., (312) 742-7529. You’ll want to be on the Lake Shore Drive side of the fountain in the grass along the Lakefront Trail across LSD from the fountain. The “walk” signals across LSD will activate only when a pedestrian pushes the crossing button.
- Shedd Aquarium, 1200 S Lake Shore, 312-939-2438. You can sit on the grassy slopes of the north side of the Shedd.
- Adler Planetarium, 1300 S Lake Shore Dr., 312-922-7827. The official address is Lake Shore Drive but where you want to camp out is on the north side of Solidarity Drive which runs east into the Lake.
- Northerly Island, 1400 S. Linn White Dr., (312) 745-2910. I would only drive there at night and be careful.